- Tanimizu N, editor. “Hepatic Stem Cells” In Methods in Molecular Biology 1905. Springer Protocols. Humana Press, 248 pages, 2019
- Tanimizu N*, Mitaka T. “Chapter 3; Plasticity of liver epithelial cells in healthy and injured livers” In Stem Cells and Cancer in Hepatology: From the Essentials to application. 1st Edition. Yun-wen Zheng, Ed. Academic Press, pp. 35-54, 2018
- Tanimizu N*. “Chapter 6; Development and Regeneration of Intrahepatic Bile Ducts” In Advances in Medicine and Biology. Vol. 130, Nova Science Publishers, pp. 187-216, 2018
- Mizuguchi T, Mizuguchi T, Mitaka T, Hirata K. Role of Branched Chain Amino Acids in Cellular and Organ Damage: The prognostic significance of the preoperative branched chain amino acid to tyrosine ratio. Rajendram R, Preedy VR, Patel VB, Eds. In Branched Chain Amino Acids in Clinical Nutrition, Vol II. London: Humana Press, pp 65-77, 2015
- Tanimizu N, Kikkawa Y, Mitaka T. “Chapter 6; Laminins: Structure, Biological Activity and Role in Disease” Demetrius C. Adams and Emil O. Garcia, eds. In Roles of laminins in epithelial morphogenesis in the liver. 2013. pp 105-116. Nova Publishers
- Mitaka T, Sato F. “Chapter 14; Small Hepatocytes in Primary Cultures” Berry M and Edwards AM, eds. In The Hepatocyte Review, Kluwer academic publishers, Dordrecht, pp. 195-208, 2000.